For the last few years, the possibilities of using cloud computing have extended not only to pure online storage but also to the mapping of entire business processes. This article will consider the pros and cons of such software for business needs.
What is the online Data Room?
Currently, there are a large number of different enterprises in the world. The main factor for the success of any of them is the competent automation of all its business processes. Information technologies, which have reached a new qualitative level in the last decade, significantly expand the possibilities of effective management, since they provide managers, financiers, marketers, production managers of all ranks with the latest methods of processing and analyzing economic information necessary for decision-making.
The modern market creates a situation in which it is necessary to constantly improve production efficiency, respond as quickly as possible to any changes, improve the quality of customer service, reduce losses, and make effective forecasts for the future. For this, the head of the enterprise must have reliable information to conduct a complete analysis of the company’s activities in real-time. That is why, sooner or later, automation tasks arise.
The solution to this problem is based on information processing. To facilitate the processing of information, special digital platforms are created. And one of them is the online Data Room for business collaboration. The software offers a secure way through which businesses can store data online.
Data Room Pros
Data Room is a tool for combining the business processes of an organization in one powerful system, so you can list its advantages for a long time. The most significant of them are:
- All data is in one place. A good Data Room provider knows how to store all data on projects, clients, contacts in one place, so all information for all years is always at hand for each of the employees. Fast access to data allows you to more quickly and efficiently serve customers.
- Automation of work processes, thanks to program reminders and the unification of all communication channels. Analytical work that helps to eliminate shortcomings in work, identify weaknesses and problem areas
- Cost savings. Online data room providers offer a wide variety of plans, including those available for small businesses. A company can choose the software only for the required number of employees or with the required functionality, thereby significantly saving money. Some test versions can be used for free at all.
Data Room Cons
There are the following disadvantages:
- Some functions can be slow. Some operations involving large volumes of information transfer can be performed slower than using the program installed on a personal computer. Also, the speed can be reduced by slow Internet or congestion of servers through which data is transferred.
- Distributed access. You configure the access of users to this or that information in the system, and the solution allows you to configure it quite flexibly. Specify which folders can be viewed by an employee, which documents can be edited, and which can only be viewed. This will limit the ability to intentionally change information. In addition, all actions in the system are logged, and you will always be aware of who is the author of certain changes.
- The disadvantages of Data Room technologies can also include some subjective reasons why some enterprises are not ready to use cloud services. These include mistrust of service providers, fear of using multiple services at the same time, lack of standards governing the field of cloud technologies.